Pages

Welcome To Sawdust

We have moved. Please visit and bookmark us at the following address:

https://dbcww.wordpress.com

Thanks.

Monday, May 17, 2010

Roubo-ish Workbench - Finished



When I first began building this back in March I had posted a couple of blog entries and had planned to do more as the build progressed. Unfortunately that never happened and now here we are at the end of the journey.

Personally I would rather spend the time in the shop than sitting in front of the computer blogging about my time in the shop.

more photos after the jump...

 Call it whatever style you like. It's mostly inspired buy the Roubo style of benches I've seen fellow woodworkers building these days. Most of the materials are reclaimed from barns and sheds that I’ve had the chance to tear in to. The top is SYP from a local home center. It’s coated with single coat of a 50/50 mix of BLO and urethane – just enough to seal it.

I picked up the holdfasts online at Tools For Working Wood – the only ones I’ve ever owned but I’m really happy with them. Very beefy. I also made some dogs(round) as found in this post from Popular Woodworking Magazine’s Blog. Cheap and works well.

Although you can’t see it in these pictures the vises and holdfast now have buckskin glued to them to prevent marring the work surface. I picked up a grocery bag full of buckskins from a garage sale for 2 bucks (no pun intended) last year.

Thanks for looking.
-MB






No comments:

Post a Comment