Pages

Welcome To Sawdust

We have moved. Please visit and bookmark us at the following address:

https://dbcww.wordpress.com

Thanks.

Friday, January 1, 2010

Grizzly G0457 Resaw Bandsaw

Let me start by saying this is the first bandsaw I have ever owned and operated so I don’t have any past experiences to compare it to. I decided about 6-7 months ago my next major tool purchase had to be a bandsaw. Since that decision I’ve been reading and reviewing not to mention saving money.



Here is what I can tell you:

- Ordering – This was a snap although to take advantage of the pricing code it had to be done over the phone. Very good customer service. I did order the additional lift gate service for 30.00 – more about that later.

- Delivery – Super fast. I had it within 3 business days (just in time for Christmas). The original carrier handed it off to another carrier which delivered it to my house. When the guy arrived he had NO lift gate on his truck! He was kind enough though to help me get it off of the truck and I wheeled it up the drive with my hand cart. I called Grizzly later and told them about it. Once they confirmed my story with the carrier they refunded my 30.00 pretty quick which will make me a repeat customer.

- Setup - Simple to follow instructions. Only took about an hour. I stuck with the prewired 220V which meant running a 220V circuit to the garage. Not a big deal and well worth it in my opinion.

- Use – What can I say, I love it. It’s new experience for me but it has already saved be tons of time on my next project since it involves identical parts that have curved cuts. I’ve also purchased a 3/4” resaw blade which I haven’t had the chance to use yet. I do have plans to put the resaw capabilities to good use in the future to hopefully save some money on lumber.

Thanks for looking.


No comments:

Post a Comment